Just the other day, organizers unveiled the massive route for the Sochi 2014 Olympic Torch Relay. It's impressive. By the numbers:
- Begins Oct. 7, 2013
- On the road 123 days
- Visiting 2,900 communities
- 14,000 torchbearers
- 65,000 km
- Within a one-hour drive of 130 million potential spectators (90 percent of Russian residents)
- 30,000 volunteers
- Three partners: Coca-Cola, Ingosstrakh Insurance Company and JSC Russian Railways Co.
- This is Coke's ninth Olympic torch relay as presenting sponsor
- According to published reports north of the border, the international space station is one stop on the 2014 Olympic torch relay route.
Photo via Ivan Sekretarev/Associated Press